Summer has reached its peak, and don’t you wish to just take a break from this soaring heat and get away to a chilly off beat location and stay in the middle of nature?
Our perfect weekend stay is nestled in the blue mountains of Nilgiris in Coonoor. From here we will explore the serene parts of Nilgiris you have not seen or been to! Our day will begin with a short sunrise hike to the Tiger Hills nearby. Post breakfast, we will hike up to Ralliah dam which is one of the lowkey tourist spot near Coonoor. The dam was opened in the year 1941 and it is the source of drinking water for Coonoor residents. We next head to Toda’s village for an enthralling hike to a beautiful viewpoint. Before heading back, we will interact with the Toda tribe, know their culture and understand their way of life.
What is included in the tour
- 3 meals (Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast)
- Trekking guide fees.
- Stay in Dorms and space for Tents
- Campfire and Hiking, Games and activities.
- Photo documentation.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation throughout the event
- Beverages and personal snacks
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- Trek to Ralliah Dam and Tiger hill
- Visit Toda Tribe village
- Camping and Campfire
- Music & Games and Fun activities
- Photo documentation.
- 1500hrs – Depart from Mysore
- 2000hrs – Reach location and freshen-up
- 2030hrs – Dinner, Campfire and fun interaction session
- 2230hrs – Retire for the night
- 0600hrs – Brief sunrise hike to Tiger Hills near to our stay
- 0730hrs – Freshen up and Breakfast
- 0800hrs – Head to Ralliah Dam for trek and then visit Toda Tribe village to interact with the locals and for a scenic hike to the temple atop
- 1300hrs – Reach back our stay and freshen up
- 1500hrs – Depart to Mysore post lunch
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt / Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 1)
- Pants / Shorts / Legging (Preferably quick dry, 1)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen & Cotton, 1 pair each)
- Thick Woolen Jacket / Fleece Jacket
- Gloves + Monkey cap / Skull cap
- Windbreaker / Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho / Rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat / Cap / Scarfs / Bandana cap
- Head Torch
- Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste + Hand Sanitizer
- Sunscreen + Insect repellent + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes / waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
Things marked with (*) are Optional.
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.