Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka, India. It is located at 13°23′26″N 75°43′18″E in the Chandra Dhrona Hill Ranges of the Western Ghats of Chikmagalur Taluk. With a height of 1,930 meters (6,330 ft), it is the highest peak between the Himalayas and the Nilgiris. Mullayanagiri is one of the best trekking places in Karnataka and South India. The Sunset presents a spectacular view from the peak.
Baba Budangiri (also known as Dattagiri) is a mountain in the Baba Budan or Dattagiri range of the Western Ghats of India. Located in the Chikkamagaluru District of Karnataka, Baba Budangiri is known for its shrine to the Sufi saint Baba Budan, a pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Muslims. Mullayanagiri, Bababudangiri and Kemmangundi chain of hills in the western ghats naturally form the shape of a crescent moon, they are named as ‘Chandradhrona Parvatha Shreni’
What is included in the tour
- 3 meals (Lunch+ Dinner + Breakfast ) and Tea & Snacks
- Trek guide and permit fees
- Camping stay, Campfire & music
- Games and activities
- Photo documentation
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST- 5% extra
- Transportation throughout the event
- Beverages and personal snacks
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- Mullayangiri Peak
- Cave explorations
- Baba Budangiri peak
- Camping and Campfire
- Music, Games and Fun activities
- Photo Documentation
- 06:00hrs – Departure from Bangalore/Mysore and breakfast on the way
- 13:00hrs – Lunch at Chikmagalur town and freshen up
- 14:30hrs – Post lunch, reach Sarpadhari. And start hiking up the steep Mullayangiri hill
- 18:30hrs – Reach the temple and freshen up. Games and Fun activities.
- 20:00hrs – Dinner at the temple on the peak
- 21:30hrs – Music, around the Campfire. Night photography session for photography enthusiasts. Retire for the night in tents.
- 06:00hrs –Morning wakeup call and freshen up
- 06:30hrs –Cave Exploration near the temple
- 08:30hrs – Post Breakfast start hiking down via mullayangiri- manikhyadhara trek route
- 12:00hrs – Reach check-post and hike to the Jhari waterfalls.
- 14:30hrs – Lunch in Chikmagalur town
- 15:30hrs – Depart towards Bangalore/Mysore
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt / Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 1)
- Pants / Shorts / Legging (Preferably quick dry, 1)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen & Cotton, 1 pair each)
- Thick Woolen Jacket / Fleece Jacket
- Gloves + Monkey cap / Skull cap
- Windbreaker / Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho / Rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat / Cap / Scarfs / Bandana cap
- Head Torch
- Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste + Hand Sanitizer
- Sunscreen + Insect repellent + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes / waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
Things marked with (*) are Optional.
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.