Ladakh Explorations & Expeditions are our favorite series of events of the year! It gets exciting every year as we keep adding on some extra adventure! Ladakh in winters gives you a sight of amazing landscapes, scintillating mountains and trees covered with snow, frozen lakes, frozen waterfalls.
We will be driving on those long serene roads and completely off roads with views you will never see anywhere else; enjoy the coldest region and visit the frozen lake and create everlasting memories! It is definitely an adventure of a lifetime!
What is included in the tour
- Airport pick up & drop
- Stay in Guesthouse with central heating in Leh for 4 nights
- Stay in comfortable Homestay with dry toilet in Pangong Lake for 1 night
- Dinner and Breakfast
- Environmental fees and Inner Line Permits
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Starting point and back from End Point
- Entry fees & Ticket charges
- Items of personal nature like Lunch, snacks, beverages, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc
- Anything other than above mention inclusions
- Drive on one of the highest motorable road in the world and conquer the highest motorable passes in the Himalayas
- Explore the sheer scenic beauty of Snow covered mountains throughout the journey
- Mesmerize the bird's eye view of Leh city from the Shanti Stupa
- Devour the best Momos at Khardungla canteen (Highest motorable pass)
- Sip hot and refreshing lemon tea at Changla canteen (Third highest motorable pass)
- Behold the sight of stunning Pangong Lake which is famous for changing colors
- Capture the mountainscapes, desertscapes and riverscapes altogether into your lens
Day 1 – Acclimatization in Leh
Day 2 – Leh to Matho Gompa - Matho Nagrang Festival
Day 3 – Leh to Lamayuru to Leh (6/7 hrs)
Day 4 – Leh to Pangong Lake via Chang La (6/7 hrs)
Day 5 – Pangong Lake to Leh (7/8 hrs)
Day 6 – Transfer to Leh Airport
Day 1 - Acclimatization in Leh - Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace
After the pickup from Leh Airport and get some rest in a guest house for acclimatization. Later in the afternoon, post Lunch go around the town to Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace. The rest of the day is for relaxation and some shopping. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 2 - Leh to Matho Gompa - Matho Nagrang Festival
We begin our expedition with an auspicious Ladakhi Cultural Festival. During the festival, a great wooden mast decorated with streamers and religious emblems are erected and Cham Dance (Mask Dance) will be performed by Lamas of the Monastery. We also get to witness the fun side of the festival at the back of the monastery! Stay in Guest House at Leh
Day 3 - Leh to Lamayuru Monastery to Leh
Post breakfast head to Srinagar highway to visit the famous Confluence point of Zanskar and Indus Rivers and Magnetic Hill. Then visit the Moonland of Ladakh – Lamayuru and its monastery. Lamayuru is one of the largest and oldest monastery in Ladakh, with a population of around 150 permanent monk’s resident. Reach Leh by evening. Stay in Guest House at Leh
Day 4 - Leh to Pangong Lake via Chang La
Today we will drive to Pangong Lake and conquer the Third Highest Motorable Road - Chang La (17590 ft). Do not miss hot Maggi and refreshing lemon tea at Changla canteen.We will go past streams that are partially frozen and flowing gently through beautiful ice fields. The patterns and forms made by the ice will make you want to sit there forever and watch them. Stay in Guest House at Pangong
Day 5 - Pangong Lake to Leh
We drive back to Leh after breakfast. Return to Leh by evening. We will have a free evening for some shopping and to reminisce the days we spent the icy mountain landscapes. Stay in Guest House at Leh.
Day 6 - Transfer to Airport
Post breakfast transfer to Airport.Thus your Ladakh odyssey comes to an end with lots of memories to take back.