Hampta Pass is the most incredible treks for beginners to start Himalayan trekking. The trek path is rich in flora and has a generous sprinkling of scenic landscapes and huge rock formations. Explore paths that meander through alpine forests. This trek is a gateway to the Spiti Valley from the Manali Valley.
What is included in the tour
- Stay – Camping from Day 1 evening to Day 5 morning.
- All meals (Veg) from Day 1 Lunch to Day 5 Lunch
- Trekking equipment like Tents, sleeping bags, mattresses and other required equipment
- Inner line permits. Photo ID for forest permission. Do carry your ID during the trek.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation to and from Manali.
- Snacks / Beverages
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc
- Anything other than above mention inclusions
- Backpack Offloading: If you decide not to carry your own backpack, there will be additional charge of Rs 1500/- for the entire trek and weight limit of backpack will be 10KG per person.
- A riverside camping experience
- A glimpse of Gaddi shepherds nomadic culture as we will pass through settlements
- Views of peaks like Deo Tibba (6001 m) and Indrasan (6221 m)
- Panoramic views of the Dhauladhar range
- Crossing streams and glaciers
- Enthralling experience to summit the Hampta Pass at a height of 4268 m
- Hiking in the forests of cedar, pine, fir etc.
Day 1 – Manali to Jobra (Drive) Trek from Jobra to Chika (10,100ft)
Day 2 – Chika (10,100ft) to Balu ka Ghera (11,900ft) (5hrs)
Day 3 – Balu ka Gera (11,900ft) to Sheagoru (12,900ft) and crossing Hampta Pass (14,100ft). (8hrs)
Day 4 – Sheagoru (12,900ft) to Chatru (11,000ft) and drive to Chandra Tal (4hrs)
Day 5 – Drive from Chandra Tal to Manali via Rohtang Pass
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Moderate
AVERAGE TEMPERATURE: Hampta Pass Trek Camp base +5° C to +15° C
Day 1 -Manali – Jobra (Drive) Trek from Jobra to Chika (10,100ft)
Post breakfast start drive to Jobra and reach there by Lunch. Then first day of trek begins to Chika passes through superb Pine and Maple forests and enters a lush green meadow strewn with small rocks. The Rani Nala snakes its way through the meadow. The campsite for the day – Chika is at the end of this meadow. It takes about 2 hours to get to Chika.
Day 2 - Chika (10,100ft) – Balu ka Ghera (11,900ft) (5hrs)
We begin the second day of trek from Chika and goes to Balu Ka Gera – a 4-hour easy ascent. The trail stays along the banks of the river for most part of the day. The initial climb involves a lot of boulder hopping. Feel the reality of being in the Himalayan region as you catch the first glimpse of the outer Himalayan chain of mountains as the Dhauladhar ranges begin to appear. Camp will be set up here at 11,010 feet
Day 3 - Balu ka Gera (11,900ft) – Sheagoru (12,900ft) and crossing Hampta Pass (14,100ft). (8hrs)
Day 3 is one where you get to experience the barren landscape of the Himalayas in the Lahul and Spiti Valley. Such a variety in one region is what makes the Hampta Pass Trekking most attractive especially among amateurs. Though the entire trek today is a gradual slop, it is an apt learning ground. Today start trekking little early and the trail from Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru is moderately steep with a final sharp descent. Trekking in Hampta pass just drives you crazy as it is one of the most fabulous experiences you can have. After a brief stopover at Hampta village, which gives the pass its name, you’ll begin the descent to the base camp at Shea Goru. It takes about 2 hours to reach Shea Goru. Camp overnight beside the river at Shea Goru.
Day 4 - Sheagoru (12,900ft) – Chatru (11,000ft) and drive to Chandra Tal (4hrs)
It is a gentle downhill walk to Chatru, with a few tricky sections. The trail continues along the river, and there are two-three huge glacial flows down the mountainside Camp at Chatru beside the many streams that flow through the meadows. Chatru is a beautiful camping spot with lovely mountain views. Post lunch, drive from Chatru to Chandra Tal a moon shaped alpine lake located at an altitude of 14,100ft. Chandra Tal is 3 hours and 70 km away from Chatru. Camp overnight at a camping ground 4 km away from Chandra Tal.
Day 5 - Drive from Chandra Tal to Manali via Rohtang Pass
It is the day when your Hampta pass trekking adventure comes to an end. Depart from Chandra Tal to Manali early morning. Traverse the high altitude pass that connects the humid Kullu Valley and the arid Lahaul and Spiti Valley. It will take about 4-6 hours to reach Manali depending on the condition of the roads
Thus your exhilarating high altitude trek in Himachal comes to an end with lots of new memories and experiences to take back. You can also find reviews of our participants on our Facebook Page. For regular updates regarding our batches of 2018, follow our Facebook Event Page.
For any further queries WhatsApp at +91-9035030952.Thank you