The peak of Kodachadri is perfect canvas like backdrop to the famous Mookambika Temple and also the Mookambika National Park. Being in the heart of this national Park, there are various opportunities for wildlife and trekking enthusiasts.
Kodachadri Trekking offers the adventurists the opportunity to explore the lush green hillside views and celebrate the wonders of nature. The peak is also home to a stunning range of Biodiversity such as Malabar Langoor, Malabar Pied Hornbill and Indian Rock Python among many others. On the Kodachadri Trekking experience you can experience the best of what this land of the varied beauties of nature has to offer and experience the serene environment with camping right in the middle of the woods.
What is included in the tour
- 4 meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast) and Hi-Tea & Snacks
- Transportation throughout the event
- Trekking guide & Forest entry fees
- Stay in Guesthouse
- Games & Campfire, Music & activities
- Photo documentation
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST- 5% extra
- Beverages and personal snacks
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- Trek to Kodachadri Peak
- Hidlumane falls
- Bidanur Fort
- Music & Campfire
- Games & activities
- Photo Documentation
- 2200hrs – Departure from Mysore
- 0600hrs – Reach guest house at Shimoga and freshen up
- 0800hrs – Pack your bags for the trek, have delicious breakfast to keep you charged for the day and drive to trek starting point by Jeep
- 0930hrs – Start hike and visit Hidlumane falls for a refreshing swim in the cold water
- 1230hrs – Continue hike towards Kodachadri Peak
- 1300hrs – Stop enroute for Lunch (we got you covered with packed lunch!)
- 1500hrs – Reach the Kodachadri peak and Visit a small temple there
- 1630hrs – Start Jeep drive towards base location
- 1730hrs – Return to guest house by evening tea. Games and Fun activities.
- 2000hrs – Dinner
- 2130hrs – Stories and Music around the Campfire. Retire for the night.
- 0730 hrs – Freshen up and early breakfast
- 0900 hrs – Pick all your thing up, Check-out and Head to Bidanur Fort
- 1330 hrs – Enroute Lunch(self- sponsored)
- 1430 hrs – Depart towards Mysore and reach around midnight
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt / Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 1)
- Pants / Shorts / Legging (Preferably quick dry, 1)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen & Cotton, 1 pair each)
- Thick Woolen Jacket / Fleece Jacket
- Gloves + Monkey cap / Skull cap
- Windbreaker / Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho / Rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat / Cap / Scarfs / Bandana cap
- Head Torch
- Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste + Hand Sanitizer
- Sunscreen + Insect repellent + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes / waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
Things marked with (*) are Optional.
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.