Nishani Motte is a relatively lesser known peak located in the Talacauvery Wildlife Sanctuary of Karnataka. This moderate trek begins from Bhagamandala side and passes through coffee estates, jeep trails & paddy fields unfolding before your eyes to an unseen world you’d fall in love with once you hit the trail. The trek though moderate, gets a little difficult towards the end, testing the will of even the regular trekkers, after which an amazing hike down over the Ridge where you get a vast panoramic view of the entire forest range.
Nishani motte is a beautiful hillock in Coorg lying in the borders of Karnataka and Kerala. But the astounding views of surrounding hill ranges of Kerala and Karnataka from the top of Nishani Motte are truly mesmerising and make the climb worth it.
What is included in the tour
- 4 meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast) and Hi-Tea & snacks
- Trekking guide and permit fees
- Camping & Campfire
- Transportation throughout the event
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST- 5% extra
- Beverages and personal snacks
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- 0500hrs – Departure from Mysore
- 0800hrs – Reach the Homestay and freshen up + breakfast
- 0930hrs – Start hike
- 1300hrs – Stop enroute for Lunch (packed, lunch boxes should be carried mandatorily)
- 1600hrs – Reach the Homestay and freshen up
- 1730hrs – Hi-Tea
- 2030hrs – Campfire & Dinner
- 2300hrs – Retire for the night
- 0700hrs – Early morning wakeup call, freshen up and pack the bags.
- 0800hrs – Breakfast
- 0900hrs – Head to Talakaveri by vehicle
- 1000hrs – Reach the Viewpoint and Visit the main temple
- 1130hrs – Start journey towards Bylakuppe
- 1300hrs – Reach and visit Golden Temple
- 1400hrs – Lunch (Self sponsored by participants)
- 1530hrs – Depart from Bylakuppe
- 1830hrs – Reach Mysore and drop off
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt / Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 1)
- Pants / Shorts / Legging (Preferably quick dry, 1)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen & Cotton, 1 pair each)
- Thick Woolen Jacket / Fleece Jacket
- Gloves + Monkey cap / Skull cap
- Windbreaker / Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho / Rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat / Cap / Scarfs / Bandana cap
- Head Torch
- Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste + Hand Sanitizer
- Sunscreen + Insect repellent + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes / waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
Things marked with (*) are Optional.
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.