Every December, we travel away from all the city light pollution for an amazing show put up by the Geminids Meteor Shower. The Geminids are considered to be one of the more spectacular meteor shower during a year, with the possibility of sighting around 120 meteors per hour at its peak!
So calling all photographers, photography enthusiasts and star gazers in general for excellent night sky photography session where similar minds can meet, camp, hike, shoot the shooting stars and enjoy the night with soothing music :)
Location - Avalanche, Ooty - by the lakeside
What is included in the tour
- 5 meals (from 14th Dinner to 16th Breakfast)
- Stay in tents with sleeping bags
- Campfire & Music
- Night photography session and discussion
- Adventure activities and games
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST- 5% extra
- Transportation will be arranged on the shared basis which costs 1000 per person from Mysore & 1200 per person from Bangalore
- Camera gear and equipment
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- Any extra orders in the campsite, extra meals or snacks, beverages
- Acoustic Music performance by various Artists
- Photography insights and reviews of the images taken during the tour by experienced photographers
- Witness the mesmerizing show by the stellar objects falling from the sky
- Camp in a secluded place away from all sorts of pollution
- Learn to photograph at night - create Timelapse, Star-lapse and Star-trail.
- Experiment with photography techniques and test your camera's sensor capabilities at night.
- A blissful evening for the non-photographers as well who can enjoy the view in cold night and by warmth of the campfire.
- Art workshop by the Artists
- 1130hrs – Pick up from Mysore
- 1630hrs – Reach Campsite at Avalanche. Freshen up
- 1700hrs – Leisure walk around the Lake
- 1830hrs – Return to campsite after sunset
- 1900hrs – Music performance by the campfire and briefing about Night photography session
- 2100hrs – Dinner
- 2330hrs – Geminids Meteor Shower Night photography session and shoot until 0400hrs
- 1030hrs – Wake up leisurely and have breakfast
- 1030hrs – Post Breakfast, head to Jungle Safari
- 1230hrs – Return to campsite.
- 1300hrs – Lunch
- 1600hrs – Leisure hike around the Lake
- 1800hrs – Return to campsite after sunset
- 1900hrs – Acoustic Music performance by the campfire
- 2100hrs – Dinner
- 2330hrs – Geminids Meteor Shower Night photography session and shoot
- 0930hrs – Wake up and have breakfast
- 1000hrs – Post breakfast, Art workshop at the campsite
- 1230hrs – Depart from Campsite
- 1600hrs – Reach Mysore
NOTE: This is only a model itinerary, the exact itinerary will not be shared with the participants as there will be impromptu changes to make the tour more exciting. We might change location and itinerary.
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt / Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 2)
- Pants / Shorts / Legging (Preferably quick dry, 2)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen & Cotton, 2 pair each)
- Thick Woolen Jacket / Fleece Jacket
- Gloves + Monkey cap / Skull cap
- Windbreaker / Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho / Rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat / Cap / Scarfs / Bandana cap
- Head Torch
- Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste + Hand Sanitizer
- Sunscreen + Insect repellent + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes / waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
Things marked with (*) are Optional.
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.