Sakleshpura is a beautiful town located in the Western Ghats on the border of Malnad and Bayaluseemae in Hassan district. It receives heavy rainfall from southwest monsoon and because of the temperate climate this place is blessed with huge amount of coffee, tea, cardamom and pepper plantations. It is located at an average elevation of 949 meters (3,113 ft). Once we reach the base campsite, we go on a leisure hike to a spectacular hillocks - Ele Gudda and Gaali Vaari. The following day we will go on a longer hike to Jennukallu Gudda, where we can get a sight of dense Kabbinale forests and Ettina Bhuja, Amedikallu and even Ombattu Gudda range.
What is included in the tour
- 3 meals (Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast) and Evening Tea & snacks.
- Trekking guide and permit fees
- Camping stay, campfire and music.
- Games and activities.
- Photo documentation.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation throughout the event
- Beverages and personal snacks
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- Jennukallu Gudda.
- Murukannu Gudda
- Camping and Campfire
- Music, Games and Fun activities
- Photo Documentation
- 06:00hrs - Departure from Bangalore/Mysore and breakfast on the way
- 11:30hrs - Reach campsite and set up the tents. Freshen up, get to know each other and lunch
- 15:00hrs - Post lunch, get ready with your daypack and drive about 10 km to foothills of Ele Gudda and Gaali Vaari from where we can get a panoramic view of ranges around Sakleshpura.
- 18:30hrs - Return to campsite by evening tea and Games and Fun activities.
- 20:00hrs - Dinner
- 21:30hrs - Music, around the Campfire. Night photography session for photography enthusiasts. Retire for the night.
- 05:00hrs - Early morning wakeup call and freshen up
- 05:30hrs - Head to spectacular Jennukallu Gudda. Hike up the hill for a glimpse of Kabbinale forests, Ettina Bhuja, Amedikallu and even Ombattu Gudda range.
- 10:30hrs - Finish hike and visit Abbi falls for a refreshing swim in the cold water.
- 12:00hrs - Reach campsite, freshen-up and Check out.
- 13:00hrs - Depart towards Bangalore/Mysore (Lunch enroute)
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt /Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 1)
- Pants/ Shorts /Legging (Preferably quick dry, 1)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Swimwear/ Bathing suit* (One)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen/cotton, 1 pair each)
- Windbreaker/ Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho /rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat /Cap /Scarfs/ Bandana cap
- Sun Glasses (UV Protective) + Case
- Head Torch + Swiss Knife *
- Small Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L + 2L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste
- Sunscreen + Lip balm + Body lotion
- Hand Sanitizer + Insect repellent
- Earbuds + Comb + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes/waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.