An easy but a beautiful trek. You trek along the Singalila ridge which forms the border line between India and Nepal. You get to see the spectacular views of Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world. It also offers the view of Everest, Lhotse and Makalu.
A trek to Sandakphu, the highest point of the Singalila Ridge, offers the time spent in the intact nature, boasting the views of four highest peaks in the world including Mount Everest. Reaching at a height of around 3636m, this trek lets you witness 4 of the 5 highest peaks of the world called Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Everest in a magnificent snowy arc. The trek across the Singalila Ridge and Phalut proffer the outstanding views of Kanchenjunga, along with the vistas dotted with seasonal flowers blooming all across the valley. The trail turns exciting the moment it enters the villages of Gorkhey and Samandan.The night stays at secluded trekkers hut further enhance the adventurous feel perfectly
Join our organized trek and soak up the views of the sky and the mist over the mountains. If you’re there in time for the wildflower bloom, enjoy the colors and fragrances of them.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation: Day 1 to Day 5. Accommodation will be in tea houses.
- Meals: Dinner from Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 6. All vegetarian meals.
- Camping Charges/Permits: All permits and charges are included.
- Trekking equipment: Tents, sleeping bags, mattresses and other equipment as required.
- Experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook, etc.
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST extra
- Transport to and from Base camp: We will arrange the taxis to pick up trekkers. The cost will be shared among trekkers.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
- Backpack Offloading: If you decide not to carry your own backpack, there will be additional charge of 3000/- for the whole trek.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Anything apart from Inclusions.
- Have a glimpse of the awe-inspiring views of Lhotse (8501m), Everest (8848m), along with Makalu (8475m) which is a part of the Nepal Himalaya
- 4 of Worlds highest 8000 meter peaks - Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Kanchenjunga
- Swinging along the border trails between India and Nepal under the shadows of the giant mountains of the Himalayas, namely Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse and a grand panorama of more than 26 elegant peaks
- Lepcha cultural trek.
- Borderline treks which swings between India and Nepal multiple times. The villages that comes on the way are very beautiful.
- Panorama of more than 26 peaks of Bhutan, Sikkim and Nepal. Chomolhari, Narsing, Jupono, Tenchenkhang, Pandim, Simvo, Goecha Peak, Forked Peak, Kanchenjunga, Kumbhakarna, Frey, Rathong, Koktang, South Kabru, North Kabru, 3 sister peaks, Everest, Makalu, Chamling, Chomolonzo, Lhotse, Nuptse, Baruntse, Macchapucchare, etc
- One gets to see exotic species of animals such as red panda or Tragopan if you are lucky
- Witness around 600 species of orchids across the trail along with rhododendron blooming with burning colours
- The night stays at secluded trekkers hut further enhance the adventurous feel perfectly
- The trail passes through the villages of Gorkhey and Samanden where you will get enough opportunities for birding
Day 1 – Reach Jaubari (5-6 hours)
Day 2 – Jaubari to Tumling (6-7 hours trek)
Day 3 – Tumling to Kalipokhri (6-7 hours trek)
Day 4 – Kalipokhri to Sandakphu (3-4 hours trek)
Day 5 – Sandakphu to Gurdum (3-4 hours trek)
Day 6 – Gurdum to Sepi and drive to NJP/Bagdogra (5 hours)
Day 1 - Reach Jaubari
Reach Jaubari. It is 4-5 hours drive from New Jalpaiguri. Transport will be organized from NJP Railway station at 9.30 am.Upon arrival in New Jalpaiguri ,you will taken to Jaubari the base camp for the trek.
Day 2 - Jaubari to Tumling
After breakfast , we start our trek toward Tumling.On the way you will see Chitrey Monastry with Buddhist prayer flags fluttering in the air. We will be crossing Lamaydhura, Megma and Tonlglu before reaching Tumling. If the cloudes have not covered the mountains you will the spectacular view of Kanchenjunga, the Sleeping Buddha. We will have lunch on the way. Overnight stay in tea house.
Day 3 - Tumling to Kalipokhri
Wake up early in the morning to see the first rays Sun on Kanchenjunga. Today you will be entering Singalila National Park. Today you will be crossing Garibas and Kaiyakatta. Garibas has a SSB check post. Just before reaching our final destination you will see a small black lake. This is Kalipokhri. Overnight stat in tea house.
Day 4 - Kalipokhri to Sandakphu
Today we will be heading to Sandakphu. At Sandakphu you will witness the 180 degree panoramic view of the Himalayan peaks. You will also see the mountain ranges of Bhutan. Overnight stay in tea house.
Day 5 - Sandakphu to Gurdum
The stretch from Sandakphu up to Gurdum is 10kms and can be covered in about 4 hours. Gurdum is a beautiful perfect tiny village. The trail is full of oak trees. As you approach, you will see how the ridges full of dense trees descend in the backdrop to the valley below. It's a wonderful sight.
Day 6 - Gurdum to NJP/Bagdogra
After breakfast trek to Sepi for 2 hours and leave for NJP/Bagdogra. The drive from Sepi to Bagdogra will take 7hrs approx.
Thus your trek in the Himalayas in West Bengal comes to an end with lots of new memories and experiences to take back. You can also find reviews of our participants on our Facebook Page.
For any further queries WhatsApp at +91 903 503 0952.
- Please carry original photo ID, 4 photocopies of the photo ID and 3 passport size photo for the forest permission.