Ladakh Explorations & Expeditions are our favorite series of events of the year! It gets exciting every year as we keep adding on some extra adventure!
We will be riding our Royal Enfields on those long serene roads and completely off roads with views you will never see anywhere else; gaze at a gazillion stars on clear cloudless nights; visit peaceful monasteries and explore the humble culture of the land of Buddhism; camping in the wilderness and creating everlasting memories! It is definitely a remarkable experience of a lifetime!
What is included in the tour
- Stay – Guesthouse and Camping
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Utility Support vehicle & Motorbike Mechanic for the entire tour
- Bikes from Day 1 evening to Day 6 evening.
- Inner line permits and Entry to Monasteries
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Starting point and back from End Point
- River Rafting expenses
- Lunch & Snacks / Beverages
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc
- Anything other than above mention inclusions
- Ride on one of the highest motorable road in the world and conquer the highest motorable passes in the Himalayas
- Picturesque snow covered mountains
- Natural splendour of Nubra is exceptional
- At Hunder sight or ride the Bactrian Double Humped Camel through the white sand dunes
- Feel as a part of nature while camping in the wilderness
- A unique and diverse rafting experience in the Zanskar River
- Experience the thrill of the climax scene of ‘3 idiots’ around the Pangong lake
- Devour the best Momos at Khardungla canteen (Highest motorable pass)
- Sip hot and refreshing lemon tea at Changla canteen (Third highest motorable pass)
- Chuckle at the witty sign boards by BRO to break the monotony of the road
- Visit the last major settlement of India before the Line of Control beyond which lies Pakistan controlled Gilgit-Baltistan region - Turtuk
Day 1 - Acclimatization in Leh
Day 2 - Leh to Alchi Monastery via Sangam to Leh (5/6 hrs)
Day 3 - Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardungla (6/7 hrs)
Day 4 - Nubra Valley to Turtuk to Nubra Valley (7/8 hrs)
Day 5 - Nubra to Pangong Tso via Shayok (6/8 hrs)
Day 6 - Pangong Tso to Leh via Changla (7/8 hrs)
Day 7- Depart to Airport
Day 1 – Acclimatization in Leh
Once we are done with orientation and briefing, we go on an acclimatization walk across the town to Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace. The rest of the day is for relaxation and some shopping. In the evening, we go on a Bike ride to Tsemo Monastery to test your bikes.
Day 2 – Leh to Alchi Monastery via Sangam to Leh (5/6 hrs)
Our first day of riding is towards the Srinagar Highway. On our way, we will visit Magnetic Hill and Confluence point of Indus and Zanskar River. Interested adventurist can go on a crazy rafting expedition in Zanskar River which you will surely cherish. Then head to Alichi - a beautiful village comprising monuments dating to periods. Alchi monastery is the oldest and witnesses a good footfall. As per the facts, the monastery was built somewhere between 958 and 1055 AD by the Guru Rinchen Zangpo.
Day 3 - Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardungla (7/8 hrs)
Today’s ride starts with us conquering the mighty Khardung La (the World's Highest Motorable Road at a height of 18,380 ft). Riding further downhill, we enter the heart of Nubra valley. It is an amazing experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. The Drive along the Shayok River to enter Hunder sand dunes is a treat for the eyes.
Day 4 –Nubra to Turtuk to Nubra (7/8 hrs)
Around 80km further north from Hunder (Nubra), we reach a beautiful village which was part of former Baltistan. Turtuk is one of the last unexplored places in Leh - Ladakh and village still retains the pristine with very hospitable local people. We return to Hunder same day and explore Sand dunes. Like an oasis amidst the cold desert, Hunder Sand Dunes are beautiful beyond imagination. Located at an altitude of 4,000 meters, the desert is cut across by a gentle stream and the beautiful countryside. With such stunning landscapes against the backdrop of the snow-clad mountains, the Hunder Sand Dune looks nothing less than a fairy world. At the Sand Dunes, you can go on a safari on the Bactrian camel.
Day 5 – Nubra to Pangong Tso via Shayok (6/8 hrs)
Today’s route is actually a shortcut road to reach the famous Pangong Tso via Shayok through rough and rocky terrain and in between water streams. Our campsite for the night, which is our personal favourite, is by the lake itself at Spangmik – 20 km away from the shooting point.
Day 6 – Pangong Tso to Leh via Changla (7/8 hrs)
On our journey back to Leh today, we conquer the third highest motorable road - Chang La (17590 ft). Do not miss hot lemon tea and delicious local thukpa at the chang la canteen. After another gruelling descent from the pass, we get connected to the manali - leh highway after sakti village. From then the road till Leh will be a smooth sail.
Day 7 – Depart to Airport
Thus your Ladakh Odyssey comes to an end with lots of new memories and experiences to take back.