Agumbe is one of the most scenic places on the Western Ghats of Southern India. It is among the places that receive high rainfall and is rightly called the Cherrapunji of South India. Agumbe also served the screening of most of the episodes of one of the most popular television serial Malgudi Days based on R.K Narayan's novel.
It is nestled on a plateau on top of the Someshwara Ghat and is situated 380 km from Bengaluru and just 100 km Mangalore.
What is included in the tour
- 4 meals (Breakfast +Lunch + Dinner + Breakfast) and Snacks
- Camping stay, Campfire & music
- Games and activities
- Trek guide and permit fees
- Photo documentation
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation throughout the event
- Beverages and personal snacks
- Meals other than what is specified in the inclusions
- Expenses due to medical emergencies
- Onake Abbi Falls
- Kudle theertha / Seetha falls
- Camping and Campfire
- Sunset Point
- Music, Games and Fun activities
- 2300 hrs – Leave Mysore / Bangalore from a specified pickup point
- 0800 hrs – Reach Agumbe campsite for breakfast
- 1000 hrs – After freshening up, head towards Onake Abbi Falls trail
- 1230 hrs – After an exhilarating trek through the jungle, reach beautiful destination and have packed lunch by the falls.
- 1530 hrs – After watching Sunset and head back to Campsite
- 1900 hrs – Reach Campsite - Games and activities
- 2000 hrs –Dinner, Campfire and Music at our campsite by the campfire in the middle of the forest and retire for the night
- 0800 hrs – Wake up leisurely in the morning and finish breakfast
- 0830 hrs – Post breakfast, head for another waterfall – Kudlu theertha / Seetha falls. This waterfall is easily accessible with just half an hour hike.
- 0930 hrs – Spend some peaceful relaxing time at the waterfalls
- 1200 hrs – Return to Campsite and freshen-up1300 hrs – Depart for Mysore/Bangalore – Lunch enroute
THINGS TO CARRY
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirt / Casual shirt (Preferably cotton, 1)
- Pants / Shorts / Legging (Preferably quick dry, 1)
- Innerwear (As required)
- Trekking / Sports shoes with good grip & One pair of slippers
- Socks (Woolen & Cotton, 1 pair each)
- Thick Woolen Jacket / Fleece Jacket
- Gloves + Monkey cap / Skull cap
- Windbreaker / Jacket (Weatherproof)
- Poncho / Rainwear * (During rainy climate)
- Hat / Cap / Scarfs / Bandana cap
- Head Torch
- Towel + Hanky *
- Water bottles (1L)
TOILETRIES & MEDICATION
- Toothbrush + Paste + Hand Sanitizer
- Sunscreen + Insect repellent + Tissue Roll (Small)
- Micro-polythene disposable bags to keep wet clothes / waste material
- Personal medicines (For allergies/asthma etc)
*Things marked with (*) are Optional.
- We follow the “Leave No Trace” principles strictly throughout the trip. Participants must not litter plastic or any other non-degradable waste during our entire outing/expedition.
- Trekking and other adventure expeditions are not luxury tours. Although we provide for all the basic facilities, we expect participants to be accommodative and adaptive to the circumstances and varying outdoor/weather conditions.
- All outdoor events and expeditions can be conducted seamlessly if all the members cooperate with each other and provide a helping hand for activities which require team effort. We expect all outdoor enthusiasts to be proactive in collecting firewood, pitching tents, carrying their tents and sleeping bags and in various other situations where such team effort is required.
- Add-Ventures do not support or encourage consumption of intoxicants during our outdoor and adventure expeditions. Anyone found to be indulging in such activities will be strictly reprimanded and even asked to leave from the event without refund.
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL FITNESS
- It is most essential to be fit and have good amount of stamina for a Trek/hike or any extended odysseys (Biking or Backpacking).
- Have a regular workout routine to build your stamina. You would enjoy a trek or an outing a lot better if you have minimum physical fitness.
- We have different categories for beginners and experienced Trekkers. Do check with us for difficulty level before enrolling.
- Although we would have basic first aid kit with us during the outing, we advise you to carry any other personal medications specific to you.